Everyone is eager to learn about the benefits of Microsoft Azure before shifting business to cloud infrastructure and whether it is a wise decision to do so.
What is Microsoft Azure used for and What is the main strength of Microsoft Azure on the cloud?
Azure protects your business resources and data with its advanced multilateral security solution.
To ensure the security and privacy of your database, Azure’s data centers and services have multiple layers of physical and operational security.
Microsoft Azure is the second-fastest-growing Cloud Infrastructure Platform in the world today. AWS and Google Cloud Platform are the other top players in the industry.
Customers want to know all about the benefits of Microsoft Azure before they begin their business journey in cloud infrastructure.
So let’s get started with the article to explore the benefits of Microsoft Azure.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft Azure Features:
Azure offers affordable pricing that is very economical compared to the cost of other on-premises services. However, one of the best advantages of using Microsoft Azure is its cost-effectiveness.
2. More Flexibility
There is no further need for inference or scientific analysis to identify the needs of its infrastructure. You can leverage auto-scaling to create a self-management infrastructure that aligns with the actual need based on traffic and resource usage.
3. Easy to operate
Microsoft azure is very easy to use, even a beginner can use it easily. If someone has any problem then the support team is always ready to help him.
4. Superior scalability
In Azure cloud, you can easily increase your business when needed. For this, you have to scale up the cloud resource but the good thing is that azure provides you all kinds of facilities for this.
5. Start with a free account
Start your initial journey with an Azure free account and get $200 (Rs.14,500) in credit, along with 12 months of popular, free cloud services.
5. Easily build real-time apps
You can easily create real-time applications with WebSockets and Azure Web PubSub. WebSocket is a standard protocol that provides full-duplex communication and critical for building real-time web applications that are also supported by all web servers and major browsers.
6. Uses automation systems
Most programs of Microsoft Azure are based on automated systems. This helps in reducing the workload of the user. Its biggest advantage is that your cloud hosting account is always updated.
7. Designed for hybrid cloud
It has hybrid capabilities that make it superior to others. Azure integrates and manages its environment with tools and services as it is designed for the hybrid cloud.
8. Unified API management
Azure offers various benefits of a hybrid, multi-cloud management platform for APIs across all environments. API management enables us to create a reliable, secure, and scalable service repository, where we can design, publish and share all our services for customers.
You can develop and manage new software, with fast, unified API-centric architectures and modular software design through Azure microservices.
9. Multiple data storage options
Microsoft Azure Cloud provides three types of backups to keep your storage data available.
- Locally redundant storage (LRS): It replicates your data three times so it makes three copies of your data in a storage scale unit in a data center.
- Geo-redundant storage (GRS): This is the default and recommended backup option. GRS replicates your data to a secondary area means it is thousands of miles away from the primary location of the source data.
- Zone-redundant storage (ZRS): The most positive aspect is that ZRS has no downtime. It replicates your database in availability areas, as well as guaranteeing data residency and resiliency in the same zones.
10. Get free assistance to migrate
You can get free tools, resources, and expert support to move your servers, applications, and other databases to Azure.
Everyone wants to know about the benefits of Microsoft Azure and what Microsoft azure is used for before shifting business to cloud infrastructure.
11. Improved Multilayered Security
Security is a key feature of Azure. You get multi-layered security covers provided by all cloud infrastructure, data centers, and cybersecurity experts who actively monitor your business resources to protect them.
12. It is better than AWS and Google
To some extent, it is better than Aws and googles cloud (GCP) because Azure is Microsoft’s cloud platform. We all know that Microsoft’s operating system (software) has greatly contributed to bringing the computer revolution. That’s why people rely too much on Microsoft azure.
13. Eco-friendly cloud infrastructure
Microsoft Azure is using more carbon-efficient resources than traditional enterprise data centers. It is committed to being carbon-free by 2030. Microsoft plans to remove all directly emitted carbon by 2050.
14. Integrate with other Microsoft tools
Azure cloud resources integrate with all Microsoft products and tools such as Office 365, Outlook, and more. The use of Azure simplifies operations using similar virtual on-premises machines such as Linux and Windows.
15. Option to build on your own terms
You have options to build your system on your own terms. Like what you want and how to deploy where you want, Azure provides support and open source for all languages and frameworks.
16. Experience a new level of analytics
Azure Synapse Analytics is an unlimited analytics service that provides you with all data integration, enterprise data warehousing, and big data analytics. This gives you the facility to query data on your own terms using serverless or dedicated resources.
17. Instant Backups and Powerful Site Recovery
Its quick backup service provides a cost-effective and secure solution to backup your data and recover it from Microsoft Azure Cloud.
18. Create Linux and Windows virtual machines (VMs)
Here you can create Linux and Windows virtual machines (VMs) in seconds and reduce costs. If you choose the right virtual machines according to the workload that optimizes your infrastructure, then overall you reduced the cost and saved a lot of money.
19. Azure provides enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure
It provides you with enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure, which customers and partners can easily rely on. This includes physical elements such as power, networking, and cooling. It also includes software elements such as secure deployment processes, automatic maintenance, and failure prediction enabled by machine learning.
These benefits of Microsoft Azure are one of the main strengths of its cloud platform.
What are Microsoft Azure’s advantages and disadvantages?
Advantages of Microsoft Azure
- Data Privacy
- Get a $ 200 credit
- Multilevel shield of advanced security
- Create your Azure free account and get started with 12 months of free services.
- Perfect for small businesses and large enterprises because it is designed for every business.
- Unlike many other cloud service providers, Microsoft Azure provides high availability and reliable performance.
- You can deploy Windows and Linux virtual machines in the cloud and hybrid environments as per your requirement.
- Security is fundamental for Azure therefore Microsoft spending $ 1 billion every year in security and R&D.
- It is the second-largest IaaS and PaaS service provider worldwide after AWS.
- Although there is stiff competition in the field of cloud computing, Microsoft maintains its position as a leading provider of cloud infrastructure as a platform as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) solution.
- Azure has designed specific applications to meet the unique needs of the high-risk and sensitive nature of specific industries, such as government, healthcare, financial services.
- Other benefits of Microsoft Azure are its flexibility and scalability options for business.
Disadvantages of Microsoft Azure
- The Azure cloud service provider does not really guarantee 100% security.
- You will need to manage Azure to make it more effective and will need someone to monitor and manage it based on daily data.
- If you live in a country far away from the data center, you will face a slight decrease in speed, which can be troublesome for some companies.
- In the early days, you need to get the expertise to operate Microsoft Azure, after few months of usage you will get this expertise.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. 1 What Is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the distribution of various services over the Internet through a virtual data center or server. These services include applications and tools and databases, data storage, servers, software, and networking.
Instead of placing files on a proprietary physical hard drive or local storage device, cloud-computing storage makes it possible to save them to remote databases on the internet.
Cloud computing is a good option for large businesses and people for various reasons like cost-effectiveness, high performance, high speed, and multilevel security.
Q. 2 Is Azure reliable?
Yes, it is trustworthy, because Azure cloud infrastructure is backed by Microsoft. We all know that Microsoft contributes a lot to the computer software industry.
Its cloud services provide multi-layered security to its customer. Azure is the second most used cloud platform after AWS.
Q. 3 Who uses Microsoft Azure?
Azure cloud services are available in 140+ countries. It does not matter what the size of your business is because all enterprises that believe in innovative cloud computing technology use Microsoft Azure.
It has a long list of customers. Here are some of the big-name such as IDB (Inter-American Development Bank), Capita, Ecolab, ARUP, Campbell Soup Company, ABN AMRO, and Toyota Motor Corporation.
Meanwhile, globally, 90% of Fortune 500 companies are using Microsoft Azure cloud to develop their businesses.
Q. 4 Which is better AWS or Azure?
AWS invested more capital, more infrastructure, and better and more scalable services than Azure to build its cloud platform.
Most importantly, Amazon Web Services continuously adding more servers to scale up its cloud infrastructure.
Q. 5 Why is Azure Better than AWS?
Both Azure and AWS support hybrid cloud but Azure performs better hybrid cloud as it is supported by Microsoft.
Azure grew very rapidly in the last 2 years. Therefore, Microsoft is rapidly expanding its cloud platform. Now, it has reached more than 150 countries.
Q. 6 Is Azure better than Google cloud?
There is stiff competition between Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud (GCP). Both companies are supported by powerful companies such as Microsoft and Google.
So both cloud platforms have a great reputation and the best in the industry. But the market share of Azure is more than Google cloud. The benefits of Microsoft Azure improve its overall performance.
Azure is the second-largest cloud platform after Aws, while GCP is the third largest cloud platform.
Q. 7 Why do customers choose Azure?
The client selects Microsoft Azure because of its high performance, scalability, reliability, cost-effectiveness, multilevel security shield, expert support, easy migration, and quick backup & data recovery features.
Q. 8 Who are Azure biggest customers?
Azure’s Customer List includes many big names such as:
- Inter Cars
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Novant Health
- SoftBank Corp.
- Game Studio Inc.
- East-West Bank
- Wrench Solutions
- Schneider Electric
- Royal Bank of Canada
- EY Global Services Limited
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Q. 9 What are Microsoft Azure Benefits and Risks? OR What are the Microsoft Azure Benefits of Cloud Computing?
- Hybrid Capability
- API Management
- Economical Pricing
- Instant Expert Support
- Instant Azure Site Recovery
- Secure and reliable data storage
- On-demand scalability in minutes
- Reduced the overall cost of operation
- Multilevel security to avoid any online threat
- It allows you to create, and manage apps more quickly and easily
- Investing $ 1 billion every year in security R&D and 3500 cybersecurity experts.
- Slight possibility of accounts being hijacked
- If a company employee tries to use their authorized cloud access to steal customer information and financial statements, the insider threat is also a concern.
- Threats such as cyber-attack DDoS attack, SQL injection, and cross-site scripting are a concern.
Q. 10 What is the difference between cloud and Azure?
“Cloud” means virtual servers, databases, and software that are accessed over the Internet. By using the cloud, customers do not have to manage physical servers themselves or run software applications on their computer servers.
While “Azure” is the name of the company that provides cloud services globally. It is a company created by Microsoft. Currently, it provides its cloud services to more than 150 countries.
Q. 11 What is the main strength of Microsoft Azure on the cloud?
Microsoft Azure is the leading cloud services provider globally. Its main strength is cost-effective pricing, highly scalable, multiple security shield, high performance, 95% of fortune 500 companies selected Azure for their business, and every year it spends $1billion in security to protect customers’ data from cyberfraud.
Q. 12 What is Microsoft Azure used for?
It is a world-leading cloud service provider and has the second-largest cloud infrastructure. It is used to deploy and manage your entire business on cloud infrastructure.
The benefits of Microsoft Azure help businesses grow and expand rapidly. It is the second-largest cloud platform globally.
AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud (GCP) are the leading players in cloud computing services.
But I think Microsoft Azure has been more successful in winning the trust of people. Its security is also of the highest standard, you can guess from this that every year Azure spends 1 Billion dollars on security.
Azure’s customers have grown rapidly in the last 2 years. This is a reflection of the growing trust of the people in the company.
Finally, the amazing benefits of Microsoft Azure impress us more than other cloud service providers.