If you are searching which is the best Windows Media Player Alternative and Best Media Player for Windows 11 PC in 2022. After a thorough analysis, we have compiled a list of the 9 best media players for Windows 11 from which you can choose it as per your convenience.
Various online streaming platforms are available in the digital age, and media players’ popularity is increasing day by day. But if you want to enjoy your favorite movie offline, it’ll not be possible without media players.
Good media players play a huge role in providing an amazing video-watching experience. So it is important to choose a good media player for your windows 11.
Currently, most computer operating systems come with pre-installed media players to explore audio and video. But in some circumstances, it will not be enough to support all video audio formats and perform without any problems.
We have rounded up some of the best media players for Windows 11 as well as the best of Windows Media Players alternative in 2022.
Which Are The Best Media Players For Windows 11 Or Best Windows Media Player Alternative That Can Be Used In 2022
Today, many platforms and other online media streaming applications are gaining attention these days. Since there are hundreds of options available to the users. This is good to know but it also creates a dilemma for the users and many people want to know which is the best media player for Windows 11 PC.
1. VLC Media Player
The first name on our list is VLC Media Player because it is an open-source, cross-platform multimedia player. This video player can play most multimedia files as well as audio CDs, VCDs, and DVDs. It can also be used to watch 360-degree videos up to 8K resolution. It is one of the most popular media players for Windows 11 that supports a wide range of advanced video compression methods.
Basically, It is developed by the VideoLAN project and supports most video and audio file formats and all compression techniques. It is one of the most popular media players for Windows 11 because this video player application uses a unique video filtration feature to operate on a stream and its technology to rapidly decode videos.
However, VideoLAN is a non-profit organization and VideoLAN is open-source software. That means if you have the skill and ability to improve any of its products, your contribution will be appreciated. It is one of the best media players for Windows 11 because of the advanced features of the VLC player.
- Plays all files – files, discs, webcams, devices and streams.
- Plays most codecs without any codec pack – MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3.
- VLC video software is completely free – no spyware, no ads and no user tracking.
- Runs on all platforms like Windows, Mac and Android.
Benefits of VLC Media Player:
- It is completely free and open-source platform.
- It can play on all kinds of devices, CDs, webcams, and other files.
- This media player does not contain any advertising, user tracking, or, spyware.
- VLC Player supports MPEG-4, MPEG-2, WebM, MKV, and more and can decode videos at very high speeds.
- VLC has the most complete feature-set and advanced control over video, audio filters, video and subtitle synchronization.
- VLC has superfast hardware decoding on most platforms and also supports 0-copy on GPU and can fall back to software if needed.
Contrasting Points of VLC Media Player:
- VLC does not support MIDI playback and external filters.
- Its UI is not refreshing for a long time.
Major Platforms Supported by VLC Media Player:
Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, iOS, Android.
Visit the official VLC site to download:
2. GOM Player
Another video player which also works well on Windows 11, that is GOM Media Player. It is an entirely free video player and supports many file formats including MKV, AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, WMV, etc. The plus point about this media player is that, In Windows, It also permits you to find compatible codecs, play corrupted files, or a file being downloaded.
Besides, it is capable of playing 360-degree videos, you can experience a high level of immersion in 360-degree mode. GOM Player combines all the advanced features like A-B repeat, media player capture, screen capture, speed control, audio/video effects, etc.
This video player has an easy-to-use interface and includes features like a screencast so you can connect the PC to the projector and play videos on a bigger screen.
GOM Player is available in two versions: 1. GOM Player 2. GOM Player Plus.
- Free Video Player.
- Amazing 360° VR Playback Mode.
- This media player automatically searches and syncs the appropriate subtitles for the movie being played.
Benefits of GOM Media Player:
- In Windows 11, it allows you to find all codecs, and also allows you to play damaged files or the file being downloaded.
- In this video player, you can enjoy high-resolution, 4K UHD videos or movies without buffering.
- It support various file formats including .mp4, avi, .ogm, .mkv, .k3g, .ifo, .ts, .asf, .wmv, .wma, .mov, .mpg, .m1v, .m2v, .vob does. , .m4v, .3gp/3gp2, .rmvb, .rm, .dat, .ogg, .flv, .asx (video) etc.
Contrasting Points of GOM Media Player:
- Lots of ads appear in GOM in the free version.
Major Platforms Supported by GOM Media Player: Windows and Mac OS.
Visit the official GOM site to download:
PotPlayer is a multimedia video player developed by South Korean Internet company Kakao for Microsoft Windows OS. Although, it is a good media player currently, it is not available for Windows 10 or Mac OS X, and Windows 11.
- It supports multiple devices like HDTV, DVD, TV.
- Provides maximum performance with minimal processing using advanced hardware acceleration and DXVA, CUDA, QuickSync.
- PotPlayer provides an immersive viewing experience and supports a variety of 3D glasses so you can enjoy the 3D experience anytime using your 3DTV or PC.
Benefits of PotPlayer:
- It also supports Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay.
- You can preview the scene with the snapshot features.
- This video player allows uninterrupted smooth, video play.
- Gives you the option to choose if you have 2 sound cards.
- Using PotPlayer you can bookmark your chosen scene or part.
- This media player supports various text subtitle formats (SMI and SRT), DVD (WobSub) and Blu-ray subtitles, ASS/SSA animation and SMI Ruby tags, etc.
- There is no need to install different codecs in your device every time when using PotPlayer and it also supports OpenCodec therefore you can quickly add whatever codecs you need.
Contrasting Points of PotPlayer:
- Only sometimes users have some difficulties with the size and frame of the video.
- It is not currently available for Windows 10 or Mac OS X and Windows 11.
Major Platforms Supported by PotPlayer: Windows.
Visit the official PotPlayer site to download:
4. KMPlayer (KMP)
KMPlayer is another great contender on our list and free media player for Windows 11 that can play almost all videos and audios. It has a built-in codec that allows you to play or stream video content without any delay or manual settings.
KMPlayer can play all high-quality video including 4K, 8K, UHD, 60FPS, and Various media file format support like MPEG, AVI, MOV, TS, MKV, MP4, WEBM, 3GP, 3G2, FLV, OGM, RM, MP3, WMV, etc.
However, the updated KMPlayer is a player optimized for high-end PCs like 8K and 60FPS, so it’s perfect for Windows 11. It is a robust player that plays all files such as 4K, 8K, 60FPS, and has considerably improved performance to enhance the playback speed of high-quality video content on high-end PC.
In addition, KMPlayer Video Player removed all ads and reorganized them into a more streamlined menu structure to provide the best viewing experience for users.
- It introduced the advanced music player.
- It supports almost all video and audio formats.
- It is also equipped with a high quality video renderer
- This media player also supports DVD and Blu-ray discs.
- It plays all high quality videos like 4K, 8K, UHD, 60FPS, etc.
- The user gets support for different languages in 42 countries.
- KMPlayer fully supports subtitles and Blu-ray image subtitles in various file formats (PGS subtitles, etc.).
Benefits of KMPlayer:
- On KMPlayer, you can watch high-quality videos like 4K, 8K, UHD, 60FPS more clearly than any other player.
- You can enter YouTube URL and play and download directly from KMPlayer using YouTube download function.
- Now, it is possible to rotate the screen and play higher quality video using a more dynamic video renderer.
- Using its GIF capture function it is possible to capture a moving image by moving image (GIF format).
- On KMPlayer, the latest high-quality video codecs such as HEVC (h.265), h.264, VP9 also use the hardware acceleration function. As a result, the CPU usage rate is very low, so you can enjoy high quality video even in low-end PC or multitasking situations.
Contrasting Points of KMPlayer:
Not yet found any cons.
Major Platforms Supported by KMPlayer: Windows, Android, and Mac OS.
Visit the official KMPlayer site to download:
Kodi video player is an open-source and free media player software created by the XBMC Foundation, a non-profit technology organization. This media player is available for various operating systems and hardware platforms, with a software 10-foot user interface for television and remote control use.
It is a media center that brings all your digital entertainment media together in one powerful and user-friendly package. The Kodi Video Player application is 100% free and open-source, highly customizable, and runs on multiple devices. It is developed by a dedicated team of volunteers and members of different communities.
- This is an award-winning open-source and free (GPL) application Media Player.
- Kodi video player is one of the best entertainment media center software.
- It also lets you watch and record live TV through an easy-to-use interface.
- Kodi is not just for play media or videos. You can also play games using it.
Benefits of Kodi Media Player:
- You can enjoy Kodi Media Player on various devices by installing it on Linux, OSX, Windows, iOS, tvOS, and Android.
- You can play and watch most videos, podcasts, games, music and other media files from internal storage media and the Internet.
- Kodi allows you to easily modify the entire look of the interface by using a variety of skins.
Contrasting Points of Kodi Media Player:
Kodi player becomes slow when loading more files or installing new add-ons and also slows down watching movies or channels from add-ons.
Major Platforms Supported by Kodi Media Player:
Windows, Android, macOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi, iOS, tvOS.
Visit the official Kodi site to download:
ALLPlayer is another good cross-platform video player and streaming media software written by ALLPlaye Group Ltd. This media server is also available for desktop Windows and mobile platforms like Android, iPhone, iOS, and iPad.The big point about this media player is that it automatically searches for the titles of the videos available on your computer.
Its updated version is fully compatible with Windows 11, we can assure you that it is one of the best video player for Windows 11.
- It also provides free internet radio services.
- This media player automatically downloads the appropriate subtitles.
- It regularly updates audio and video codecs for the latest file formats.
- You can search and watch your favorite movie, web series, and TV drama.
Benefits of ALLPlayer:
- If ALLPlayer recognizes that you do not have subtitles for the video or movie you are watching, it will find them in the sites available with subtitles, and download it automatically to assist you.
- It also has a computer reader but you will need to have an IVONA speech synthesizer installed on your computer in order to play this feature.
- Its parental control features prevent kids from watching unauthorized videos.
Contrasting Points of ALLPlayer:
Its User Interface is somewhat old-fashioned.
Major Platforms Supported by ALLPlayer: Android, Windows, and iOS.
Visit the official ALLPlayer site to download:
SMPlayer is a free video player application for Windows and Linux with built-in codecs that can play effectively all video and audio formats. One of the good things about this media player is that it does not require any external codec. After installing SMPlayer on your devices and you’ll be able to play all audio, video formats without the bother to find and install codec packs.
- It can also search and download desired subtitles.
- It is completly free and open source and is available under the GPL license.
- SMPlayer fully supports all famous formats and codecs like avi, mp4, mkv, mpeg, mov, divx, etc.
- It can play all YouTube videos and it’s also equipped with an optional plugin to search for YouTube videos.
Benefits of SMPlayer:
- One of the most appealing features of SMPlayer is that it retains the settings of all files you play.
- When you get bored with a regular SMPlayer look you have the option to change it as it comes with many skins and icons themes. In this way, you can easily change the look of the media player.
- It removes the language barrier because SMPlayer is available in more than 30 languages, including French, Russian, Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese.
- This media player also includes various advanced features like audio and video filters, adjustment of the video playback speed, change of audio and subtitles delay, video equalizer, retain settings.
- It has a high number of codecs built-in, but sometimes it takes time to update whenever a new one is introduced.
Contrasting Points of SMPlayer:
One of the major problems with media players and video, in general, is the absolute number of codecs needed to ensure wide compatibility.
Major Platforms Supported by SMPlayer: Windows, and Linux.
Visit the official site to download:
RealPlayer is a popular media player which formerly RealAudio Player, RealOne Player, and RealPlayer G2, is a cross-platform media player software app, created by RealNetworks. Its first version was introduced on April 3, 1995, as a RealAudioPlayer and the first media player at that time capable of streaming media online.
- It has a simpler UI, faster, more streamlined and more automatic play function.
- Using RealPlayer users can Easily manage and organize their PC media gallery.
- It has the ability to quickly find and delete duplicate video files.
- Ability to convert video to mp3 instantly.
Benefits of RealPlayer:
- It can download video in background even you are watching video.
- You can download web videos, movies, from thousands of websites with a single click.
- RealPlayer has a simpler UI, faster, more streamlined and more automatic play function.
- Ability to quickly search celebrities’ videos and other personality media files with a single click.
- Using RealPlayer you can download from thousands of popular video sites including YouTube.
- RealPlayer is the world’s first AI-powered media player that automatically creates video galleries.
- You can make some of your videos private by enabling this feature, so that only you can reach them.
- Convert your videos to the most common video formats at your convenience so that you can view all your videos with better viewing quality.
Contrasting Points of RealPlayer:
The main disadvantage of Real Player is that its free version comes with limited features, so you have to buy paid plans to unlock premium features.
Major Platforms Supported by RealPlayer: Android, macOS, Windows, Linux, Symbian, Palm OS, Oracle Solaris.
Visit the official RealPlayer site to download:
MediaMonkey is another superb digital media player and media library application developed by Ventis Media Inc to organize and play audio on Android and Windows operating systems. Mediamonkey Media Player Freemium Edition offers a limited set of features but includes many advanced features in its Premium Gold license.
- MediaMonkey has auto-convert formats to play on any system.
- It has the ability to quickly find and remove your duplicate audio/video files from the library.
- It has features to automatically download and manage your popular podcasts.
Benefits of MediaMonkey Media Player:
- The MediaMonkey media application is the award-winning organizer and player for those who want multiple quality features at once.
- You can customize and combine MediaMonkey functionality with various addons or skins to make its look fresh.
- Using this player you can stream audio, video to Google Cast or DLNA devices as well as include media controller and media renderer functions.
- You can sync your audio/video and playlists with Android, iPhone, iPod, iPad and other devices.
Contrasting Points of MediaMonkey Media Player:
It’s not really a “multi-user” friendly media player.
Major Platforms Supported by MediaMonkey: Microsoft Windows and Android.
Visit the official MediaMonkey site to download:
9. Plex Media Player
Plex is an online digital media player application that gives users the opportunity to find and play popular TV shows or movies for free and instantly. Plex has partnerships with leading names in the cinema and TV industry, which allows it to reward its users with a vast gallery of content regarding the latest in movies and TV shows.
- It gives users the option to choose from thousands of popular movies, shows, sports and music videos, etc.
- With Plex, a live TV is free for all users and the whole family can enjoy 80+ channels on any device, anywhere.
- The Plex Basic plan is free but if you are willing to spend on premium content then buy Go Premium Pass.
Benefits of Plex Media Player:
- It is device friendly and users can stream all the entertainment content from their devices like Android, Windows, Apple, Android, Smart TV and more.
- It’s compatible with all popular devices so you can freely Stream Plex from any phone, PC, smart TV, tablet, gaming console.
- You can watch over 20,000 movie shows for free on-demand from legend studios like Warner Bros., MGM, Lionsgate, Crackle and more.
Contrasting Points of Plex Media Player:
Its free subscription ad-supported streaming sometimes annoys users.
Major Platforms Supported by Plex Media Player: Android, Windows, macOS, Linux. iOS.
Visit the official site to download:
Is there a better media player than Windows Media Player?
There is no doubt that Windows media player is a great and high-quality video player but in today’s digital era new audio-video formats are being introduced. Therefore the windows media player has not been completely successful in incorporating the latest A/V formats and features. So the users needed to look for other options.
We have handpicked some of the best media players for Windows 11 as well as the best Windows Media Players alternatives in 2022.
|Media Player Name||Official Site|
|1||VLC Media Player||https://www.videolan.org/|
Microsoft Is Introducing Inbuilt New Media Player For Windows 11
Windows Media Player Update: A new media player for Windows 11 started rolling out to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel in November 2021 last year. It’s a unified media player experience for users that reinvents both Groove Music and Movie & TV apps.
The Dev Channel is where new and advanced features are introduced for early testing, and the Beta Channel lets you test more polished features that will be deployed in the next major Windows release. Insiders from the Dev and Beta channel are now testing the new Windows 11 Media Player.
Default Media Player Windows 11
The new Media Player app seems to be packed with more features than ever before as Microsoft has redesigned the popular Windows Media Player app that was a core part of Windows for years. First, with Windows 8, Microsoft tried to split music and video into separate apps Xbox Music and Xbox Video, and this was moved to Windows 10 and then to Windows 11. But now, they are being brought back in the same app.
In addition to merging video and music playing capabilities into one app, the new Media Player for Windows 11 has a new enhanced look and design that is in line with the rest of Windows 11. Beyond that, all the icons and elements have been redone, and there’s a prominent play button in the middle of the media player, which is a bit high compared to Windows 10 apps.
Microsoft has designed the new Media Player to make listening and viewing your multimedia content on Windows 11 more enjoyable. This new inbuilt Windows 11 media player beautifully showcases your video collection and regional music. It makes a difference in the new look and feel of Windows 11.
At the center of Windows 11, Media Player is a full-of-featured music library that empowers you to instantly browse and play music of your choice as well as create and manage your favorite playlists.
However, if your music collection is in Groove Music today, your library and playlists will automatically be migrated to the new media player. The update to the new Windows media player will replace the Groove Music app.
In addition, the dedicated playback view includes album art and rich artist imagery and will also be visible in full-screen and mini-player experiences.
Windows 11 Media Player also incorporates complete support for browsing and watching your favorite local shows or video collection. Although all of your audio-video content in the Videos and Music folders on your PC will automatically appear in your AV library, you can also guide or modify the media player where to look for new or extra content in-app settings.
At the same time, Windows 11 Player is also optimized for accessibility with better keyboard shortcuts options and access key support for keyboard users.
After an in-depth analysis, we have compiled a list of the 9 Windows Media Player alternative and best media players for Windows 11 from which you can choose it as per your comfort.
Various online streaming platforms are available to users in the digital age, and video players’ popularity is increasing day by day. But if you want to enjoy your favorite movie offline, it’ll not be possible without media players.
We have included the 9 best media player App software in our list in which leading video players software are – VLC Media Player, GOM, PotPlayer, KODI, KMPlayer, and many more.
After reviewing all these media player apps we have found that VLC media player is a better option for you but the rest of the players like Kodi, GOM, and others are also performing well.
VLC Player is a robust player that plays all advanced files format, and the performance is greatly improved to enhance the playback speed of high-quality video content on high-end PCs.
Microsoft is also introducing its own inbuilt new media player for Windows 11 with a new feel and look.
But we assure you that the rest of the media players are also performing well, so if you choose any other from the list then it will also be a good decision for you.
There are many users who are always looking for the best Windows Media Player alternatives and best media players for Windows 11 PC. Through this article, we have tried to help those users to choose the better option which suits their requirements and also saves time.
Also Read | Google ChromeOS Flex